Company: SCTR Services
SCTR Services (www.sctr.net) is a young and hungry tech company that has a strong record of success and big goals for the future. We create outstanding digital products that combine streaming media, live chat, gamification, and online communities, and we serve a wide variety of users all over the world. This requires the combination of bleeding-edge technology and a culture that rewards creativity and innovation to continually raise the bar and delight our customers/partners. Our headquarters is in downtown San Diego, and we have specialized teams located around the world.
Description: QA Test Engineer
The QA Test Engineer will work with the development team and business colleagues to ensure that all changes are fully tested and fit for purpose, working to add value and identify all critical and/or high defects prior to implementation. This person will create and maintain test plans, test scripts, and schedules. Additionally, he or she will execute test scripts, raise defects and help manage the test effort through to closure, and complete reports and metrics. This individual may manage testing for a small project.
- Work with business and IT to understand the requirements and design ensuring that the system solution fully meets business requirements.
- Use your own knowledge of business to form recommendations.
- Validate the requirements.
- Has the ability to review and critique requirements for testability.
- Provide recommendations to change requirements to make them more readable and/or testable.
- Understand the importance of requirements traceability.
- Create and maintain test plans, test scripts, test schedules and test completion reports including adverse test scenarios where required.
- Estimate the time required for execution.
- Identify the required test data and high-level test environment requirements for the test execution and works with test management and IT to plan accordingly.
- Undertake UAT to ensure that the defined business requirements are fully tested prior to roll out.
- Test the new or revised business processes.
- Ensure that UAT for allocated projects is completed within agreed timelines and to a high level of quality.
- Raise defects during test execution and suggests appropriate actions.
- Assist with the management and tracking of defects through to closure.
- Communicate effectively with peers and the project team both through email and via face-to-face interactions.
- Ensure effective coordination and communication of test deliverables.
- Provide regular progress reports, highlighting any and all items that may compromise the completion and sign off of UAT.
- Facilitate the engagement of stakeholders that are required to support the project.
- Develop and maintains effective working relations with colleagues in a business area, proactively answering queries on testing and following up on actions with stakeholders.
- Take responsibility for self-development, actively seeking feedback and responding accordingly.
- Ensure timely and accurate delivery of all assigned testing project deliverables.
- Identify risks and issues, and takes appropriate steps to mitigate and escalate as necessary.
- Experience working with testing products like Jest, Enzyme, react-testing-library, and Cypress is highly preferred.
- Competent with Microsoft Office Software Applications - Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; and have planning, estimating, and analytical skills.
- Foundation level certification in software testing and experience with tools like ALM (Application Lifecycle Management), JIRA, UFT, Selenium, and SQL is preferred.
- Experience working in an agile model is a plus.
- Our San Diego Headquarters (Mission Valley)
- Communicate with distance-team members team via Slack
- Full-time competitive salary, opportunities for bonuses and commission
- 401k with 50% company matching
- Full benefits (health, dental, vision, 100% employer-paid)
- 2 weeks vacation, to start
- 8 company holidays
- Monthly gym membership reimbursement
** May encounter sensitive or confidential materials
Submit Your Application
You have successfully applied
- You have errors in applying